Saturday 2 August 2014

Campo Marizo Les Pois

Campo Marizo Les Pois


Campo Marizo is not a fountain pen brand that gets too much attention. This pen is not too expensive, I got mine for £18 at the Campo Marizo store in London. The man there was quite the character but he was a nice guy and great customer service. Back to the pen... I think this pen is a good reliable pen. It is solidly made out of metal and the fit and finish of this pen is very good, I especially like the posting ability of this pen. When posting this pen the cap fits on with quite some force and it will most defiantly not come off. One of my few complaints about this pen is that when you close the twist cap, the threads can easily become cross threaded. Aside from that I would really recommend this pen for anyone. 


The design 

This pen comes in many designs however I got mine with a creamy colour and black dots. This pen looks attractive but it is definitely not for a formal situation. In my opinion this a very fun an playful range of pens. The nib on this pen could be bigger on this pen as I think that this nib is a little disproportionate to the size of the pen. One of the more pleasurable features of the pen is the girth of the pen. This pen is very wide in circumference which makes for a pleasant experience during extended writing periods. 

The Nib

This pen has a standard IPG (iridium point Germany) nib. However don't turn a blind eye to this pen just
because of what is stamped on the nib. The nib a pleasantly surprising. The nib is very smooth with a slight bit of feedback. When I got mine, there was a bit of a scratch in the right direction, however this can be easily smoothed out. 




The nib really preforms. The nib has a constant ink flow that is neither wet nor dry. This nib being steel has little flex but it  can flex a bit. 

The Section

The section is polished chrome which matches with the rest of the fittings on the pen. However this section does get slippery when you have a little moisture on your hands therefore I would not recommend this pen for people with naturally sweaty or oily fingers. Another complaint for me is that the section is very short, This might just be me because I have large hands, but I do think that this pen would suit smaller hands. However it is comfortable to hold because of the large diameter. 


Thank you for reading my review. I hope it was helpful. Tell

me what you thin in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment